July 2, 2020
ARLANXEO GOES VIRTUAL FOR ITS FIRST GLOBAL MARATHON
- 24 Experts from 4 continents, 8 different sites in multiple languages
- 24 top tier technical presentations every hour on the hour
- 24 hours live interaction with more than 2,000 participants globally
- ARLANXEO announces the successful completion of its first 24-hour online Technical Marathon. 24 ARLANXEO professionals deployed an equal number of world-class presentations during a live interactive discussion with a vibrant, knowledgeable international audience.
From 06:00 CET on June 30, to 06:00 CET on July 1, every hour on the hour, an expert from a different region, product line and ARLANXEO site, offered a detailed technical presentation merging know-how, innovative developments and ARLANXEO solutions in
synthetic elastomer manufacturing.
This unique Technical Marathon saw an overwhelming demand of more than 2,000 participants from around the globe. "ARLANXEO is constantly keeping in contact with customers, even more so during this unprecedented time. It's important to us that our customers know we are here for them through thick and thin", said Christian Widdershoven, Executive Vice President High Performance Elastomers at ARLANXEO. “This technical marathon provides a broad variety of topics including different applications of all of our ARLANXEO rubbers.”
"The interactive virtual space opens the door for more customers, distributors, academia and our employees to participate”, said Li Birnie, Global Head of Corporate Communications. “This affords attendees more flexibility to customize their experience and a great way to address a wide range of customers’ concerns and their future needs, demonstrating ARLANXEO’s commitment in responding to our customers’ expectations at all times.”
Speakers and themes varied, but the overall subject of ARLANXEO Technical Marathon remained constant: what are the latest changes impacting synthetic rubber technologies and industry, and how do ARLANXEO professionals navigate the current uncertainty and future challenges.
Speakers from Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Singapore, the Netherlands, and the USA, joined forces to cover the topics of:
- Butyl rubber (BR) in medical applications
- A global study of materials technology in passenger car tires
- Ethylene Propylene Diene Rubber (EPDM) crosslinking chemistry
- Therban® HT - a plastic re-enforced Hydrogenated Nitrile Butadiene Rubber (HNBR) with improved high temperature properties
- Recent developments in Solution Styrene Butadiene Rubbers (SSBR) and Butadiene Rubber (BR) for Tire applications,
- Low Emission of Ethylene Propylene Diene Rubber (EPDM) and Nitrile Butadiene Rubber (NBR) Polymers for highly demanding Applications
The 24-hour online Technical Marathon was an opportunity to showcase best practices and solutions that create synergies and sustainable value for our customers. It underlined our commitment as an innovative company, a key-player and trend-setter within Industry 4.0.
ARLANXEO is one of the world's largest producers of synthetic rubber and a wholly owned subsidiary of Saudi Aramco, the world's largest energy and chemical group. It develops, produces and markets high-performance rubbers with sales of around EUR 3 billion in 2019 and a presence at more than 20 production sites in 10 countries. Its products are used for a wide range of applications: from the automotive and tire industries to the electrical, construction and oil and gas industries.
This news release may contain forward-looking statements based on current assumptions and forecasts made by ARLANXEO management. Various known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors could lead to material differences between the actual future results, financial situation, development or performance of the company and the estimates given here. The company assumes no liability whatsoever to update these forward-looking statements or to conform them to future events or developments.